Sports Technology Systems Pty Ltd ACN 609 886 848 trading as Sportsta (Sportsta, we, us, our) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and takes its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) very seriously. As a result, Sportsta has implemented practices, procedures and systems to comply with its legal obligations and, in particular, to:
- maintain the confidentiality and security of personal information we collect and hold; and
- manage our systems, practices and procedures in an open and transparent way.
- What personal information does Sportsta collect and hold?
By “personal information”, we mean information or an opinion about an identified individual or about an individual who is reasonably identifiable from the information. The kinds of personal information we may collect and hold are:
- contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses);
- age and date of birth;
- profession, occupation and job title;
- credit and debit card and bank account details;
- personal information in answers to security log-in questions (where applicable) and survey questions; and
- details of your visits to the Site (including traffic and location information, which pages you visit, your activities on the Site and other communication information).
- How does Sportsta obtain the personal information it collects and holds?
Sportsta only collects personal information by fair and lawful means, including when you:
- order, download or stream videos or other products or services from us;
- fill in contact, registration and order forms on the Site;
- subscribe to access areas of the Site that are limited to subscribers;
- enter any of our competitions or promotions;
- respond to surveys;
- post material to the Site or to any social media that we use (such as Facebook and Twitter);
- contact us for assistance or with questions, or report problems with the Site or with a product; and
- contact us directly, other than through the Site or social media (for example, by email).
- Why does Sportsta collect and hold personal information?
We collect and hold personal information for a variety of purposes – and different kinds of personal information are used for different purposes. In each case, however, the personal information we collect and hold is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities, including to provide you with services you would expect from us. These purposes are:
- to provide you with news and information, products or services that you order or request from us or which we believe may interest you;
- for purposes necessary or incidental to providing you with products and services that you have ordered or requested from us (including access to areas of the Site that are accessible only by subscribers);
- to personalise and customise your experience when using the Site (including so that the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer);
- to communicate with you (including by email, mail or telephone, and including in relation to changes to our products and services);
- to manage and enhance our products and services;
- to facilitate a payment that you have agreed to make for our products or services;
- for system administration;
- for network analysis and security;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site that may be available;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are, have been or may be engaged in any unlawful activity; and
- as required or permitted by any law (including privacy legislation).
- Can I interact with Sportsta anonymously or under a pseudonym?
In many cases, you will need to provide your real name when interacting with us. This will particularly be the case when you are purchasing something from us, such as a subscription service. You may however – wherever lawful and practicable – use a pseudonym (or simply not identify yourself) when dealing with us. For example, if you have a complaint or concern about our site, or a general question about any of our products or services, you are welcome to contact us without identifying yourself. In some cases, however, if you do not provide us with complete information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or respond adequately to you. For clarification on when you must identify yourself, please contact our Privacy Officer. You may use a pseudonym – or simply not identify yourself – when making such an enquiry.
- When does Sportsta disclose my personal information, and to whom?
Generally, only our staff will access your personal information, and then only on a “need to know” basis. We may, however, also disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to operate the Site and our business (for example, filling orders, processing payments, marketing, research and support services);
- to fulfil requests by you and otherwise provide products and services to you;
- to enforce or apply our Site terms and conditions of use or where you have otherwise been engaged in (or threatened) any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, your internet service provider, your employer or supervisor or network administrator;
- to protect the rights, property, health or safety of Sportsta or its staff, customers or others (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations to protect against fraud and to reduce credit risk);
- to provide as part of business data to third parties if you have authorised us to do so;
- as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business; and
- as otherwise required or permitted by law (including under privacy legislation).
- people who work for or with us or for one of our suppliers;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or joint venture partners;
- our agents, related bodies corporate, business affiliates and other partners (including any holding company or subsidiary);
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote via the Site;
- the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body or your internet service provider or network administrators; and
- anyone else that as specifically authorised by you.
- What steps does Sportsta take to secure personal information?
- Does Sportsta disclose personal information to people or organisations outside Australia?
Our servers are based in Australia. We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside Australia, including the US and the UK, such as our data-hosting and cloud-based IT service providers, secure data exchange organisations and other external service providers. However, we will not transfer your personal information overseas to organisations or individuals in a country that is not subject to a comparable privacy scheme or to an organisation that does not implement privacy obligations at least comparable to the obligations that apply in Australia.
- How can I access (and, if necessary, correct) personal information that Sportsta collects and holds about me?
If you want to review (and, if necessary, correct) personal information that Sportsta may have collected and holds for you, please contact our Privacy Officer. We will respond to your requests to access and to correct your personal information as soon as possible, but in any case within a reasonable period.
- How will Sportsta deal with complaints I might have about breaches of applicable privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles?
Please contact our Privacy Officer if you have any complaints about breaches by Sportsta of privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles. We will treat any complaint about a breach of privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles seriously, and will investigate any breach of which we become aware – including how it occurred and how best to prevent such a breach occurring again.
- Who do I contact at Sportsta about privacy issues?
Please contact our Privacy Officer if you have any concerns about privacy issues, including in relation to how Sportsta is dealing with your personal information or how it is being held. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org